07/26/2011 – Turks Tidbits
For a current look at the 2011 Valley Baseball League play-off picture please read story:
After Tuesday night’s VBL games here is a play-off update:
- Covington’s win makes Waynesboro the South Division champions and the No. 3 seed in the playoffs.
- Luray is eliminated from playoff consideration with the Covington win and Haymarket is knocked out of the wildcard race.
- Haymarket still alive for second place in the North Division, but would need a win plus a Front Royal loss to force a play-in contest.
- Four teams are clinched with the top three seeds determined. Harrisonburg is the No. 1, Winchester the No. 2 and Waynesboro the No. 3. New Market, Covington, Staunton and Rockbridge are all still in play for the No. 4 seed.
- New Market is the only non-divisional champion to have clinched a playoff spot.
- Woodstock is technically still alive, but needs Covington or Rockbridge to lose out and Staunton to do the same.
Obviously, the last few play-off spots will go right down to the wire. Continue to check back for details.